Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Throwback Thursday

I was inspired recently by Sammy of Sammy Davis Vintage to share some old family photos showing off vintage fashions from the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s. Here are a few and I hope to share more soon!



My aunt, grandmother and mom in the 1960s in Van Nuys, CA.
Peter pan collars, bright colors, and shift dresses!


My mom in the 1960s in Van Nuys, CA.
Plaid mod mini dress!


My grandmother in the 1940s in Long Beach, CA. I believe that is the famous Cyclone Racer behind her!


My grandma (Nana) and grandpa (Popops) in the 1960s in Glendale, CA. I love her glasses and that dress!


My dad, mom and Nana in the 1970s. I love my mom's mini dress and my Nana's completely opposite maxi dress!


My mom, Nana and dad in the late 70s in Orange County, CA. I love my mom's bell bottom jeans and my Nana's wrap cardigan sweater!


My grandma, mom and Nana in 1974 in Van Nuys, CA. My mom has on a dolly mini dress with puff sleeves and a high neck while both grandmothers have on pastel dresses. My Nana has a giant bow! This was at my mom's bridal shower.


This was at my dad's college graduation in 1972 in Long Beach, CA. My aunt (far left) is wearing a peter pan collar mini dress and my Nana is wearing a bright yellow shift dress. My older cousin Terri is wearing a dress with a pointy collar and my other cousin Kim has a little peter pan collar on her green mini. 


My dad (far left) and his family in the late 1950s in Glendale, CA. My aunt is wearing a poodle-style full skirt (minus the poodle!). That's my grandfather and grandmother in and beside the car.


This picture makes me smile. Here are my dad's parents in the 1940s in England before they immigrated to the US. Note the high waist trousers my grandmother is wearing.
















No comments:

Post a Comment